You didn’t think it would happen, did you? The day that someone presented you with an easy, oven made, fireside-style treat involving carbs and marshmallows — that they claimed was even better than s’mores. Before we begin, let me tell you why these Peanut Butter Marshmallow Treats are better than s’mores, because I don’t think you’re believing me.
- They aren’t too sweet. I’m not really a fan of s’mores because the combination of the chocolate and the marshmallow tastes like Candy Land acid trip — in a bad way. With this, the peanut butter gives a salty alternative to the marshmallow, giving you a much deeper flavour than s’mores ever could.
- You don’t need to make them outside. I don’t know where you live, but I don’t personally like going out in the damp cold just to stuff a sticky gelatinous white ball on a stick and hope that it doesn’t burn. These, you can make in your oven.
- You can save your chocolate for other things — and consume a tiny bit less sugar. Since you’re using peanut butter, you aren’t using chocolate. That means a bit less sugar and a lot more chocolate for your next craving!
Okay, so let’s see, what is it that you’ll need to make delicious peanut butter treats?
- Saltines or Ritz Crackers
- Peanut Butter
- An Oven
- A Sheet to put in the Oven
- Spread peanut butter over the tops of the crackers or Saltines.
- Plop a marshmallow on top.
- Broil in oven for a few minutes, watch carefully.