Are you looking for a quick sandwich fix? Never fear, I have a few delicious tried-and-true Martha Stewart sandwich recipes that are fast and easy for those on the run for lunchtime treats! Great to pack for mid-day picnics (or on the workdesk) or little-prep for unexpected guests, these sandwiches are for every occasion. I can never let Martha go, I’m afraid, so let me at least share my discoveries with you!
Pressed Mozzarella and Tomato Sandwich
No panini press needed! A little lengthy in preparation. Make in the morning for a great picnic!
- 2 tblsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes, reserving 1 tblsp oil
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta bread, split horizontally and hollowed out
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and oil until thick. Spread on bread.
- Layer bottom half of bread with some of the lettuce, then cheese, tomatoes, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining lettuce and bread.
- Wrap sandwich tightly in plastic and place on a baking sheet. Top with another baking sheet and weigh down with canned goods.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight to meld flavours. Cut in half, serve.
Chicken and Marinated-Zucchini Sandwich
Less time intensive, but still needing to marinate. Tasty and unusual! I adored the chordette.
- 1 zucchini/chordette
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tblsp lemon zest
- 2 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- Handful of chopped toasted almonds
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- Romaine lettuce
- Slice the zucchini/chordette into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Combine with the red onion, lemon zest, and lemon juice, with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season 1 lb chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and broil until cooked through. Let cool, then shred and add marinated zucchini along with almonds and parsley.
- Cut 1 loaf Italian bread in half horizontally and hollow out. Make a sandwich.
Ham, Brie, and Apple Triple Decker Sandwich
The quickest sandwich I can offer you! Delicious as always!
- Brie cheese, sliced
- Tart apple, sliced
- 3 slices pumpernickel bread
- Ham, thinly sliced
- Fruit chutney
- Layer cheese and apple onto 1 slice toasted bread. Top with another toasted slice, then ham. Spread chutney on a third toasted slice and place on top. Enjoy!
Recipes and Photographs Courtesy Of: