So, as many of you know, A is a fantastic cook. Even though I could never hope to be as versatile in the kitchen as she is, I am pretty spiffy when it comes to pies.
Last weekend for mothers day I hosted a large brunch and made numerous pies and pasteries. I was shocked to see that one of my recipies that I had created the night before was my biggest hit…It was inspired by a classic breakfast parfait (granola, yogurt, and fruit), and was determined to make it one of the healthier options. I thought I would share the recipe with all of you!
You will need:
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups plain granola
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese (make sure it’s room temperature)
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1 cup blueberries
- about 1 tbs good honey
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place the granola, sugar, and cinnamon in the food processor untill it forms a fine crumble.
- Add in the melted butter and keep processing until it is just combined.
- Transfer mixture to a 8 1/2 in pie plate and press evenly in the bottom and up the sides.
- Refrigerate until firm (15 min)
- Bake until it is golden (10 min)
- Cool Completely
- Place yogurt in a cheesecloth-lined sieve set over a bowl. Let drain for at leadt 30 min and discard liquid.
- Mix on an electric miner the cream cheese. Then add sugar and vanilla and once that is smooth the yogurt.
- Put the filling intop the crust and refrigerate 6-24 hours
- Arrange blueberries on top and drizzle with honey.
Okey dokey! It’s as simple as that!!! Have fun baking!